Free Paint Drop-off Event for Households & Businesses.Open to Colorado residents only.
Date & Time:
Thursday, July 30, 2020
1 p.m. - 5 p.m.
Gilpin County Fairground Parking Lot
230 Norton Drive
Black Hawk, CO 80422
WHAT PRODUCTS & QUANTITIES CAN YOU BRING?
Households may bring any amount of paint, stain, and varnish. Limits apply to businesses, see below.
Paint must be in sealed, original container with original manufacturer label. This event is for the following products only:
- House paint and primers (latex or oil-based)
- Deck and concrete sealers
- Clear finishes (e.g., varnishes, shellac)
Businesses that generate less than 220 pounds (about 20-30 gallons) of hazardous waste per month may bring latex and a limited amount of oil-based paint. Businesses that generate more than 220 pounds of hazardous waste per month may bring any amount of latex paint, but oil-based paint will not be accepted. Businesses with questions about limits should call (855) PAINT09.
WE CAN’T ACCEPT
- No leaking, unlabeled or empty containers
- No aerosol spray paints
- No drums or containers larger than 5 gallons
- We cannot accept other hazardous waste or chemicals, such as paint thinner, solvents, motor oil, spackle, glue, adhesive, roofing tar, pesticides, cleaning chemicals
Prior to event you must:
- Register for this event at https://paint-black-hawk.eventbrite.com. If you are unable to register online, call (855) PAINT09.
- Place all paint materials for drop-off in your vehicle’s trunk or the bed of your truck.
- Not attend if anyone in your household is exhibiting symptoms of COVID-19.
During the event, you must:
- Remain in your vehicle.
- Unlock your vehicle’s trunk to allow event staff to remove the paint materials.