Status of PaintCare Drop-off Sites and Services
- Most paint stores serving as paint drop-off sites are currently open. Any stores that are not available for paint drop-off have been temporarily removed from the PaintCare site locator.
- Most government-run household hazardous waste (HHW) facilities have reopened, but many events have been postponed. Some HHW facilities have reduced their hours, moved to an appointment system, or made other changes to their normal operation. Any sites that are not available for paint drop-off have been temporarily removed from the PaintCare site locator.
- PaintCare has resumed paint drop-off events in some areas where allowed under applicable state and local guidance. Upcoming PaintCare drop-off events are listed on the state webpages.
- PaintCare’s pickup service for large volumes of paint (100+ gallons) is available. Customers may submit requests here.
Precautions to take before using a PaintCare drop-off site:
- Check PaintCares’s site locator for drop-off options in your area, and contact drop-off sites in advance to confirm hours and availability before arriving.
- Follow the CDC’s recommendations for protecting yourself and others from the spread of COVID-19, which can be found at http://cdc.gov/coronavirus/2019-ncov/prepare/prevention.html. These include guidance on frequent hand washing, using a mask/cloth face cover, avoiding close contact with others, cleaning and disinfection of surfaces, and other protective measures.
- Do not visit PaintCare sites if you are sick or if you are at higher risk from severe illness. Find the CDC’s guidance on this at https://www.cdc.gov/coronavirus/2019-ncov/need-extra-precautions/index.html.
- Follow the guidance of any local, state, and federal public health orders that may apply to this activity.