Free Paint Drop-off Event for Households & Businesses.Open to California residents only.
Date & Time:
Saturday, September 26, 2020
8 a.m. - Noon
City of Rancho Santa Margarita – Parking Lot
22112 El Paseo
Rancho Santa Margarita, CA 92688
WHAT PRODUCTS & QUANTITIES CAN YOU BRING?
Households may bring any amount of paint, stain, and varnish. Limits apply to businesses, see below.
Paint must be in sealed, original container with original manufacturer label. This event is for the following products only:
- House paint and primers (latex or oil-based)
- Deck and concrete sealers
- Clear finishes (e.g., varnishes, shellac)
To use the PaintCare program for oil-based paint, a business must qualify as an exempt generator under federal and any analogous state hazardous waste generator rules. Please visit www.paintcare.org/VSQG for more information on exempt generator rules. If your business does not qualify as an exempt generator, it will not be able to use the program for oil-based paint, but it can still use the program for latex products.
WE CAN’T ACCEPT
- No leaking, unlabeled or empty containers
- No aerosol spray paints
- No drums or containers larger than 5 gallons
- We cannot accept other hazardous waste or chemicals, such as paint thinner, solvents, motor oil, spackle, glue, adhesive, roofing tar, pesticides, cleaning chemicals
Prior to event you must:
- Register for this event at https://paint-rancho-santa-margarita.eventbrite.com. If you are unable to register online, call (855) PAINT09.
- Place all paint materials for drop-off in your vehicle’s trunk or the bed of your truck.
- Not attend if anyone in your household is exhibiting symptoms of COVID-19.
During the event, you must:
- Remain in your vehicle.
- Unlock your vehicle’s trunk to allow event staff to remove the paint materials.