Summary of 2022 Rhode Island Annual Report
This one-page infographic highlights the successes from the most recent reporting period (January to December 2022) for the Rhode Island PaintCare program. Please consider downloading and printing a copy of the infographic and then posting it for staff and the public at your business or organization.
- 2022 Annual Report (January – December 2022)
- 2021 Annual Report (January – December 2021)
- 2020 Calendar Year Annual Report (January – December 2020)
- 2020 Annual Report (July 2019 – June 2020)
- 2019 Annual Report (July 2018 – June 2019)
- 2018 Annual Report (July 2017 – June 2018)
- 2017 Annual Report (July 2016 – June 2017)
- 2016 Annual Report (July 2015 – June 2016)
- 2015 Annual Report (June 2014 – June 2015)
PaintCare’s program plan for Rhode Island describes the operations, outreach, and other activities of the Rhode Island Paint Stewardship Program:
- Rhode Island Paint Stewardship Program Plan (May 14, 2014)
- PaintCare transitioned the Stewardship Organization in Rhode Island to PaintCare Rhode Island LLC as described in a letter to the Rhode Island Department of Environmental Management (January 9, 2017)
Laws relevant to the PaintCare program in Rhode Island can be found at http://webserver.rilin.state.ri.us/Statutes/
- Rhode Island General Laws
- Title 23 – Health and Safety
- Chapter 23-24.12 – Proper Management of Unused Paint
- Section 23-24.12-1 – 23-24.12-6
The Rhode Island Department of Revenue Division of Taxation has provided an explanation of why the PaintCare Fee is subject to state sales tax in the following letter:
The state oversight agency for the Rhode Island program is the Department of Environmental Management (DEM) is the agency overseeing implementation of the new law.
Evaluation Reports by Product Stewardship Institute
The Product Stewardship Institute (PSI) evaluated the effects of the PaintCare program on household hazardous waste (HHW) programs in five states that implemented paint stewardship prior to September 2014: California, Connecticut, Oregon, Rhode Island, and Vermont. This report summarizes PSI’s findings from the cross-state evaluation.
- Paint Stewardship: Effect on Household Hazardous Waste Programs (December 2015)