PaintCare’s program plan for Washington was conditionally approved by the Washington State Department of Ecology on March 2, 2021. This plan describes the operations, outreach, and other activities of the Washington paint stewardship program:
- Washington Architectural Paint Stewardship Program Plan (October 2020, revised February 2021)
- Washington Program Plan Approval Letter (March 2, 2021)
Laws relevant to the PaintCare program in Washington can be found at https://app.leg.wa.gov/RCW/default.aspx
- Revised Code of Washington
- Title 70A Environmental Health and Safety
- Chapter 70A.515 Architectural Paint Stewardship Program
- Sections 70A.515.010 – 70A.515.130
The Washington Department of Revenue has provided an explanation of why the PaintCare Fee is subject to state sales tax in the following letter:
- Letter regarding Washington Sales Tax (October 8, 2019).
The oversight agency for the Washington paint stewardship program is the Washington State Department of Ecology.