Summary of 2021 Maine Annual Report
This one-page infographic highlights the successes from the most recent reporting period (January to December 2021) for the Maine PaintCare program. Please consider downloading and printing a copy of the infographic and then posting it for staff and the public at your business or organization.
- 2021 Annual Report (January – December 2021)
- 2020 Calendar Year Annual Report (January – December 2020)
- 2020 Annual Report (July 2019 – June 2020)
- 2019 Annual Report (July 2018 – June 2019), revised March 20, 2020
- 2018 Annual Report (July 2017 – June 2018)
- 2017 Annual Report (July 2016 – June 2017)
- 2016 Annual Report (October 2015 – June 2016)
PaintCare’s program plan for Maine describes the operations, outreach, and other activities proposed for the Maine paint stewardship program.
- Maine Paint Stewardship Program Plan (June 8, 2015)
- On January 1, 2019, PaintCare transitioned the Stewardship Organization in Maine to PaintCare Maine LLC as described in a letter to the Department of Environmental Protection of the State of Maine (September 14, 2018)
Laws relevant to the PaintCare program in Maine can be found at http://www.mainelegislature.org/legis/statutes/
- Maine Revised Statutes
- Title 38: Waters and Navigation
- Chapter 24: Solid Waste Management and Recycling, Sections 2101 – 2236
- Subchapter 3: Waste Reduction and Recycling
- Section 2144. Stewardship Program for Architectural Paint
Sales tax is not applied to the PaintCare Fee in Maine. To review the law that exempts the fee from sales and use tax, access a PDF document from Maine State Legislature’s website.
The Maine Paint Stewardship Law requires retailers of paint to include the PaintCare Fee in the sale price of program products and only sell products registered with the program. These fees are used to fund all aspects of the paint stewardship program: paint collection, transportation, recycling, public outreach, and program administration.
The oversight agency for the Maine paint stewardship program is the Maine Department of Environmental Protection.