Draft Program Plan
PaintCare submitted a draft program plan to the New York State Department of Environmental Conservation on July 1, 2020, to comply with the statutory deadline. PaintCare submitted a revised program plan with further updates in January 2021.
This draft describes the operations, outreach, and other activities of the New York paint stewardship program, but is incomplete due to delays caused by the COVID-19 pandemic and the need for regulatory changes to allow for paint collection at retail stores and other sites. Additional information including drop-off site operational guidelines, targeted annual paint collection rate, and the proposed fee structure, will be included in the final program plan.
- New York Architectural Paint Stewardship Program Plan (January 2021)
Laws relevant to the PaintCare program in New York can be found at http://public.leginfo.state.ny.us/lawssrch.cgi?NVLWO
- New York Consolidated Laws
- ENV – Environmental Conservation
- Article 27. Collection, Treatment and Disposal of Refuse and Other Solid Waste
- Title 20. Postconsumer Paint Collection Program, Sections 27-2001 – 27-2007
The oversight agency for the New York paint stewardship program is the New York State Department of Environmental Conservation.