Summary of 2020 District of Columbia Annual Report
This one-page infographic highlights the successes from the most recent reporting period (January 1 to December 31, 2020) for the District of Columbia PaintCare program. Please consider downloading and printing a copy of the infographic and then posting it for staff and the public at your business or organization.
PaintCare prepares an annual report for the 12 months ending December 31. The first report for the District of Columbia also covers the final two months of 2016 because the program started in November 2016.
PaintCare’s program plan for the District of Columbia was submitted to the District on April 1, 2016. This plan describes the operations, outreach, and other activities proposed for the DC Paint Stewardship Program. On August 23, 2021, PaintCare submitted a proposed revision to the District Department of Energy and Environment for approval.
The revised program plan includes a proposed update to the fee structure. The plan is being submitted by PaintCare District of Columbia LLC, which, upon plan approval, will become the representative organization of record. Several sections of the plan were revised to represent present day operations.
- District of Columbia Paint Stewardship Program Plan (Submitted August 23, 2021)
- District of Columbia Paint Stewardship Program Plan (Submitted April 2016, revised July 2016)
Laws relevant to the PaintCare program in the District of Columbia can be at https://code.dccouncil.us/
- Code of the District of Columbia
- Title 8. Environmental and Animal Control and Protection
- Chapter 2A. Paint Hazards and Paint Stewardship
- Subchapter II. Paint Stewardship
- Sections 8-233.01 – 8-233.06
Regulations relevant to the PaintCare program in the District of Columbia can be found at https://dcregs.dc.gov/default.aspx
- District of Columbia Municipal Regulations
- Title 20. Environment
- Chapter 20-40. Paint Stewardship
- Sections 4000 – 4099
The oversight agency for the District of Columbia paint stewardship program is the District Department of Energy and Environment.