Summary of 2020 Annual Report
This one-page infographic highlights the successes from the most recent reporting period (January 1 to December 31, 2020) for the Oregon PaintCare program. Please consider downloading and printing a copy of the infographic and then posting it for staff and the public at your business or organization.
PaintCare prepares annual reports about the program for the 12 months ending December 31. In 2013 we prepared a six month report to allow for a change in the reporting period from a fiscal year to a calendar year.
- 2020 Annual Report (January – December 2020)
- 2019 Annual Report (January – December 2019)
- PaintCare’s 2019 Annual Report Presentation for the Oregon Department of Environmental Quality (DEQ) Annual Stakeholder Meeting.
- 2018 Annual Report (January – December 2018)
- 2017 Annual Report (January – December 2017)
- 2016 Annual Report (January – December 2016)
- 2015 Annual Report (January – December 2015)
- 2014 Annual Report (January – December 2014)
- 2013 Six Month Report (July 2013 – December 2013)
- 2013 Annual Report (July 2012 – June 2013)
- 2012 Annual Report (July 2011 – June 2012)
- 2011 Annual Report (July 2010 – June 2011)
PaintCare conducted general awareness surveys in December from 2013 to 2016. The questions and responses are presented here:
PaintCare’s first program plan (April 2010) described an initial Oregon pilot program. The current plan (March 2015) describes the permanent program that replaced the pilot program. The most recent document (June 2021) is a proposed revision to the plan that has been submitted to the Oregon Department of Environmental Quality for approval.
- Oregon Paint Stewardship Plan (June 2021)
- Oregon Paint Stewardship Plan (March 2015)
- Oregon (Pilot) Paint Stewardship Plan (April 2010)
The Oregon program is a result of House Bill 3037 passed in 2009 and House Bill 2048 in 2013. The 2009 law established the program as a pilot program to start in 2010 with a sunset date in 2014; the program was made permanent by legislation in 2013.
The oversight agency for the Oregon program is the Oregon Department of Environmental Quality (DEQ).
Evaluation Reports by Product Stewardship Institute
The Product Stewardship Institute (PSI) evaluated the effects of the PaintCare program on household hazardous waste (HHW) programs in five states that implemented paint stewardship prior to September 2014: California, Connecticut, Oregon, Rhode Island, and Vermont. This report summarizes PSI’s findings from the cross-state evaluation.
- Paint Stewardship: Effect on Household Hazardous Waste Programs (December 2015)
At the request of the American Coatings Association and Metro Oregon, PSI evaluated performance of the first two years of the PaintCare program in Oregon. This report summarizes PSI’s findings.
- Oregon Paint Stewardship Evaluation Final Report (March 2013)